Month: May 2015
Programming Related Podcasts
- This Developer’s Life – Podcast in the style of This American Life dealing with programming related topics. An all time favorite of mine.
- Herding Code – K Scott Allen, John Galloway, and others talk about programming topics.
- Programming Throwdown – The hosts pick a random technology and give you a broad overview of it followed by its advantages and disadvantages.
- Floating Point – News, tech, programming, random topics are discussed.
- Developer Tea – Podcast covering a diverse amount of topics relating to being a developer.
- Iterate – UX, design, and related ideas are discussed in this podcast.
- Debug – Mobile development is discussed in depth, mostly on iPlatforms.
- /dev/hell – Uncensored ramblings of two insane developers.
Hall of Fame – My favorite non-programming podcasts
- 99% Invisible – The best podcast ever? Short, well produced episodes dealing with design.
- TED Radio Hour – TED Talks are a must.
- Radiolab – The best production of any podcast ever made. Interesting and seemingly random discussions.
- This American Life – I think this has been cited as the most popular podcast ever until Serial came along… which was also created by them.
- Reply All – Random things relating to the internet are discussed. Gimlet Media is worth paying attention to as every podcast they release is solid gold.
- Startup – A podcast documenting company creation from brainstorming, soliciting investors, creating a startup, running it, and more. Interesting look at something not normally public.
- Freakonomics – Economists can be interesting too.
- You Are Not So Smart – Self delusion… and cookies?