Played using my Cordoba classical guitar. This was recorded mainly as a test for my new Zoom H4N portable digital recorder.
This is the same as the 3D wireframe example which was done in OpenGL, only ported to the new technology known as WebGL. WebGL is still a new technology that uses GPU acceleration to render 3D graphics in a web browser and it has shown vast potential to modernize the web.
Many browsers do not even fully support WebGL at the moment. As such, to view this example you will need an updated, modern browser such as Firefox, Chome, or Opera. Internet Explorer does not support WebGL rendering at the moment unless you install a plugin.
This demo relies upon the GLGE and GLGE_math libaries in order to render.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt that I learned so much from it even though it is a shorter book. Though it is necessary to state that this book is not for JS beginners. The main thing that I did not enjoy are the reliance upon the railroad diagrams, which are not very intuitive to anyone who has previously not implemented some sort of context-free grammar (which I would wager is a majority of JS programmers).
I love the opinionated style of the writing displayed in this book. The author is very knowledgeable and passionate so he is able to get away with it. The appendix, appropriately titled “Awful Parts” and “Bad Parts” is far more entertaining than you would expect and provides examples and evidence backing up the author’s assertions.
If you are writing code to show a large amount of records in an ASP.NET GridView control, you should do your best to make them easily readable since it can be overwhelming. I’ve ran across a few different hacks using JQuery to enhance the presentation of GridView records, but this seems to lag the user’s browser when a large number of rows is encountered. I have wrote a small function that performs this action server-side and rids the user of the content-rendering JQuery lag spike.
In my database course at Marshall University, I helped my professor with a side project involving Cancer research data that has been collected since 1973 by the National Cancer Institute. My first job was to take the SEER data and load it into a postgreSQL database.
The job was simple enough. The only problem? The data files were in SAS format. Basically the format was CRLF delimited entries composed of fixed-length fields. Here is a list of the fields and lengths that I used for the script.
So I was using a 3rd party iPod management program to copy songs from my iPod back to my hard drive and the program somehow made a folder with a name that was absurdly long. So long that even windows refused to delete it no matter what. The exact error says: “The filename or extension is too long”. The official MS documentation gives 5 suggestions and none of them seemed to work for me. Here is what I did to fix the problem.
This was a project from my Computer Graphics course at Marshall University. The mountains are randomly generated from a normalized pseudo-random number generator and a fractal function. Every time you resize the windows or launch the program, they are drawn differently.
I received metadata for a SQL Server 2008 R2 database which contained the system_type_id but not the data type itself. I ran a bunch of queries and logged the results to obtain a list of system_type_ids and the corresponding datatypes.
I looked on MSDN and was unable to find a list so I compiled one for usage for you google-ninjas who may find it handy.